Forward Skills Development
Presented by Former Sarnia
Sting Assistant Coach – Derek Di Muzio
Where: Progressive Auto Sales
Arena in Sarnia
When: July 13th
– July 17th - COST is $250 per Skater
On-Ice Sessions and Classroom
session for 2 Groups daily.
Group 1 – Novice, Atom, Peewee
Classroom – 10:30-11:30 am,
On ice from 12 pm-1 pm
Group 2 – Bantam, Midget, Junior
On ice from 1-2 pm, Classroom
from 2:20 pm – 3:30 pm
- Power Skating and edge work
- Stick handling, Passing and receiving passes in stride
- Creating time and space off a cycle
- Catching rims off the boards
- Understanding shot selection, and using the right shot
- Scoring techniques (Reading time and space, creating secondary scoring opportunities through puck placement, learning about 'the shooters eye', where to shoot the puck)
- How to create offense off the rush (2 on 1, 3 on 2)
- How to win 1 on 1's (e.g. press the D and use Crossover Acceleration)
- Overspeed practice techniques for stick handling and skating.
- The value of hiding your shot release and not over handling the puck
- Scoring techniques, and small area skills to assist in this area
About the Instructor:
Derek Di Muzio has had numerous coaching experiences from minor hockey to the OHL. He was an Assistant Coach with the Sarnia Sting. He is currently the Head Coach of the Sarnia Legionnaires Junior B Hockey Club. As part of his role with the Sting, he was a skills development coach and helped develop NHL stars like Alex Galchenyuk, and Nail Yakupov. Derek has a passion for seeing young players develop and learn strategies/techniques that help provide good game habits to these young players.
- All of the classroom sessions will cover what is going to be taught on the ice to ensure greater retention of information.
- Camp will be limited to 18 skaters to ensure small groups and more repetitions.
To register, please contact Derek Di Muzio at [email protected] , or call/text © 519-330-0877.